Farmers’ Market Week (3-10 August) is the only event of its kind in Canada. The festivities highlight the wonderful fresh food, artisan products and local crafts available at more than 40 markets province-wide. Rustik Magazine has teamed up with Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia to profile some of the vendors and producers that make up Nova Scotia’s vibrant markets.
2) What is your favourite thing to grow/cook and why?
I love making green tomato chow the most because it’s an old family recipe and it reminds me so much of my grandmother.
2) What three ingredients would you take to a desert island?
Bread, bananas and water.
3) What is your greatest food or product design inspiration (i.e. nature, person, place, meal)?
My greatest design inspiration would be the countryside and my grandmother.
4) Do you have a favourite celebrity chef and what do you like about them?
One of my favourite celebrity chefs would be Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. I like her ways of cooking – simple and always family-oriented.
5) What is your favourite seasonal ingredient? What do you like to do with it?
My favourite seasonal ingredient would be green tomatoes. With it, I make my green tomato chow as well as my green tomato chutney.