Farmers’ markets across Nova Scotia are getting ready to host the second annual Farmers’ Market Week (3-10 August) – the only celebration of its kind in Canada. The festivities highlight the wonderful fresh food, artisan products and local crafts available at more than 40 markets province-wide. Rustik Magazine has teamed up with Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia to profile some of the vendors and producers that make up Nova Scotia’s vibrant markets.
1) What is your local farmers’ market and what do you most love about it?
The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is my local market and I love the fun vibe I get with the live music and intrigued tourists!
2) What one ingredient/food would you eat for breakfast, lunch and supper?
Local eggs! They are so good for you and there are so many ways to eat them!
3) Do you have a favourite celebrity chef and what do you like about them?
I love that Jamie Oliver is always trying to make the world a healthier and better place through food.
4) If you could be compensated for your work with something other than money, what would it be?
It would have to be wine! That is an amazing form of payment.
5) Favourite Nova Scotia recipe?
Lobster dip, but I can’t share the recipe… it’s a family secret!