Twenty-five years ago this week, the world was introduced to four neurotic, self-centred, remorseless, but loveable people: Kramer, George, Elaine and Jerry. The show was Seinfeld.
Maybe you watched it as it aired the first time around. Or perhaps you’ve been fortunate to catch each and every syndicated episode on repeat. Either way, it’s clear there was something special about the show such that it has endured.
Here, by way of some of Rustik’s favourite food-related clips, is an attempt to answer 10 of life’s great mysteries. Consider it our small tribute to 25 years of what can only be described as one of the world’s most unique, ground-breaking television shows.
1) What are the ethics of eating eggs?
2) When is it OK to stop for Jujyfruits?
3) Is soup a meal?
4) Can race relations be explained by a cookie?
5) What’s the proper way to eat a chocolate bar?
6) How should you handle sub-par peaches?
7) What’s the opposite of tuna on toast?
8) Does a tip count if the server doesn’t see it?
9) Can you eat light on a date?
10) Who told you to put the cheese on it?